Eclipse the Sun COD RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CTL Has now Launched and is Accepting Characters ¦ VTR & MTA are currently under development

Go down
fedup

Character Sheet
Vampire Character:
Second Sight Character:

[Glimpse]: The Occultist Empty [Glimpse]: The Occultist

Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:06 pm
Once:
Cinder was concerned her eyes would fall from their sockets. That woman, that looked completely mortal, opened the hedgegate! And not just any hedgegate, but the one Cinder was using to approach the Market! She racked her brain and thought she had seen that plump black bespectacled woman around the area, but she assumed the librarian-looking woman was working in the neighborhood! 
Not exactly sure what happened, or how, Cinder looked at the walls of the dark alley. Strange symbols have been etched with chalk and there was the faint after-echo of an emotion of lust. She traced the unfamiliar symbols with her hand and got a whiff of a ... not unfamiliar scent. Really?!? Cinder thought to herself with incredulity. THAT is what you did to open the gate
Predictably, images of her own foray in the Hedge in what seemed two lifetimes ago, flooded her mind. She was aware that there were other strange things and it could well be a trap by a damned loyalist strengthening her mask. But Cinder had once, so, so long ago, opened a similar gate, sealing her fate. There were worse things than death awaiting that mortal - if she was a mortal - on the other side of the fence. She should ignore the woman and walk away, but she didn't. Throwing care aside, she jumped into the Hedge after this occultist. 

And good thing she did. Completely unaware of what she was doing, the woman had stumbled off the trod. The alley has turned to an industrial wasteland with mounds of discarded and broken things. The mortal's wonder, or perhaps the Hedge, or the bizarre ritual she did if it worked at all, has attracted the attention of something big and nasty [see pic]. The woman screamed and backed away. Well, better a monster that would put some fear in her than something that would seduce her to go deeper. 
The mortal backtracked, and Cinder could feel her terror, as could probably everything else in the area feel it. And the Hedge would react. She ground her teeth and grabbed the woman by the hair and yanked her back, before the trod would disappear behind them. She was rewarded for the effort with a punch in the face by the shrieking woman that was looking at her as she was similarly monstrous to the slithering monstrosity behind them. Of course. Cinder appeared to her now as a burning, humanoid piece of charcoal. The woman was utterly clueless after all, for all her symbols and signs.
"Tsshhssshhsss! Welcome, welcome, my beauties!" the too-human face of the creature hissed with a smug smile as the mortal was struggling to get free from Cinder's grasp. 
He pissed her off. That creature pissed her off. 

Letting go of the mortal that fell on her bum next to Cinder and backtracked, Cinder reached towards the visage of the sun that glowed in the Hedge's sky. She screamed some heavy obscenities - later she learned they shocked Lucia to the point she didn't run off - and tore a piece of sunlight and hurled it with all her might to the hobgoblin. And it connected. 
The hobgoblin's reply was of comparable rudeness to hers but she had swiped that smug smile off his face. 

"Human! Do not Run! You will be lost forever!" she shouted to woman and... 
Bang! 
The gunshot echoed loudly. A mortal's gun working as intended in the Hedge. The thing shrieked and a swarm of centipedes rushed out towards them as the coward took cover behind a mound of broken bottles and used syringes - probably Thorns. 
"Do not let go of my hand! It won't burn you." Cinder said and grabbed the mortal. 
Why was the foolish woman laughing?! 

Now:
"Lucia, I am back!" The sound of her keys rattled on the desk of her cozy apartment. Lucia looked up from her book and smiled.  "Greetings, Olivia." The human woman scanned her face and saw her frustration. 
"The date didn't go very well, did it?
Cinder sighed and dropped on the armchair. "No, not it didn't. Amber had told her about my ... temper before I even got the chance to meet Nora personally!
"Well, you have been a bit too temperamental with her. Come, I have ice cream. I will also make you some tea.
"I need charcoal for the Hollow, Lucia. Not tea or consolation ice cream. You said you would talk to Nora to back off me!
"I did talk to her."
Cinder puffed and kicked off her boots angrily. Technically, the bargain she had with Luisa didn't require her to pick up her boots, or make her tea or endure her temper. But Luisa was a kind woman. Solely attracted to men though as Olivia has found out quickly enough.
fedup

Character Sheet
Vampire Character:
Second Sight Character:

[Glimpse]: The Occultist Empty Re: [Glimpse]: The Occultist

Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:07 am
Addendum after consulting with the Changeling ST: 
Rescuing Luisa from the Hedge happened before Cinder joined NOLA Freehold. The Summer King, Firestorm, is aware of this.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum